XI'AN, CHINA
The Da Pi Yuan mosque was built in 1411 (during Ming Dynasty), the land bought by Mr. Ma Daozhen. In 1959, the main hall, south and north pavilions were collapsed due to the lack of conservation and renovation during occupied. But, after further implementation of religious policy of the party, under the headship of Bai Zhiqing, the local people manage to raise fund for the renovation of the mosque. The original form of the mosque finally recovered after 5 years reconstruction. Stone-carved handrails, ceremony arches, Manla Building (guardian), Hutubai Building (sermon), and other facilities also added during the restoration of the mosque.
The mosque covers an area of 3335 square meters. The building covers about 1610 square metres whereby the prayer hall itself covers an area of 354 square meters. The mosque is a single storey building with typical ancient Chinese architecture. There are 51 Arabic scriptures and a censer traced back to the rein of Emperor Xuande in Ming Dynasty is to be found in the mosque. Besides, there are also 13 Xuedong (mosque administrator), 4 imams and 5 Manla (guardian) in the mosque.
MAIN ENTRANCE TO THE MOSQUE COMPLEX
AXIS VIEW FROM COURTYARD
PRAYER HALL
INSIDE PRAYER HALL
No comments:
Post a Comment